New SMS scam starts with an innocent question
Yesterday something very strange happened to me. I received an unusual text. A text that seemed as if someone had sent me a text that was intended for someone else. Here are the screenshots of the texts.
After telling the story on the air, we got this message on Facebook.
Mornin Q Crew, I don’t have an answer to the question but thought I would let Leslie (and my husband) know that this post about a random guy is probably a scam. I have had it twice. Is that the picture of the woman you have too?
The message had this screenshot attached.
Obviously, this is a total cat fishing scam.
The scammer is hoping that someone on the other end of the text, a man it seems, will respond and continue the conversation. They think the photo of the cute young blond will close the deal for a fruitful conversation. It is so obvious.
Signs that you are sinned
- You searched the internet for their name but they don’t seem to exist. Or they do, but the photos don’t match their dating profile photos.
- They ask for money at the start of your relationship. They might say it’s to come visit you.
- They tell you they love you, but you’ve only been talking for a few days or weeks.
- They avoid face-to-face contact, whether it’s meetings or video chats.
- They are just a little too perfect.
- Their stories sometimes conflict with each other or don’t quite add up.