Jose Mourinho’s Roma aim for Real Madrid’s Ceballos in January
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Roma watch Ceballos de Madrid
AS Roma coach Jose Mourinho interested in transfer to Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos, according to El Nacional.
Los Blancos reportedly valued the midfielder at € 20million and although his former club Real Betis are also interested they are reportedly unwilling to match that price.
Meanwhile, Mourinho is reportedly keen to add the Spain international to his squad as “key” to his plans in the January transfer market.
Ceballos, 25, spent the last two seasons on loan at Arsenal before returning to the Bernabeu this season. He joined Spain for the Summer Olympics and injured his ankle as his team walked home with a silver medal.
He has yet to resume action following his injury and is expected to be back in mid-November.
Roma have made a huge investment in the goal of a return to Champions League football, already signing Tammy Abraham, Rui Patricio, Matias Vina, Eldor Shomurodov, Roger Ibanez and Bryan Reynolds.
However, losses to Lazio and Juventus in the league showed that more reinforcements might be needed while a 6-1 loss to Bodo / Glimt in the Europa Conference League also criticized Mourinho.
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Chelsea defender Antonio rudiger is in talks with four clubs over a possible transfer at the end of his contract, according to reports. Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, speaking to WettFreunde, said the Germany international was in talks with Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus over a contract once his current contract ends this summer.
– Chelsea set to reward academy graduate Trevoh Chalobah with a new contract after entering the first team. According to Football London, an agreement is near between the defender’s representatives and the club on an extension, with his current deal ending in 2022.
– AC Milan consider transfer for Brest defender Romain Faivre, according to Calciomercato. The 23-year-old is said to prefer a move to Rossoneri, however, the Ligue 1 club are unwilling to move him until late summer rather than January, which Milan would prefer.
– After their Serie A battle on Sunday, there could be another battle between Internazionale and Juventus off the pitch. According to Calciomercato, both clubs have identified Fiorentina Dusan Vlahovic and Sampdoria Mikkel Damsgaard as potential transfers for the future, with both clubs ready to continue a move for the players.
– Manchester City are ready to challenge AS Roma for Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder Denis zakaria. According to Calciomercato, Pep Guardiola is considering a move for the 24-year-old, who no longer has a contract this summer. Roma are hoping to add him to their ranks after missing Granit Xhaka this summer.