Bayern watch Barcelona stars De Jong, Dest, Pedri, Ter Stegen
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Bayern watch Camp Nou quartet
With Barcelona currently grappling with a financial crisis within the club, Bayern Munich are reportedly monitoring the situation with a few possible transfers in mind.
According to Spanish media Sport, the Bundesliga club have yet to make any serious gestures for anyone, but they have shown interest in figures like Marc André ter Stegen, Frenkie de Jong, Sergino Dest and Pedro.
All four players have been on Bayern Munich’s radar in the past, with the Bavarian club battling with Barcelona for Dest and ultimately losing to the Spanish club. The US international right-back opted for Camp Nou in 2020, joining Ajax Amsterdam for just under £ 20million.
Goalkeeper Ter Stegen has been linked in the past as a possible successor to Manuel Neuer, even at the age of 35.
De Jong was also linked with a move to Germany, which was said to have been a target for the club in 2018. He then joined the Catalan club in 2019 as another who left Ajax.
Pedri was a potential loan target for Bayern this summer with the club keenly interested in the youngster. The 18-year-old has become an important player for his club and his country. He has made 56 competitive appearances for Barcelona in one year, also making ten appearances for Spain only making his debut in March of this year.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Juventus look to move to midfield Aaron ramsey in January, with Newcastle United considering a potential move. According to Calciomercato, the Welsh international has refused a return to the Premier League this summer but has changed his mind and will leave the Italian squad in January. After their sale to a Saudi-led group, the Magpies are looking to revamp their squad.
– Barcelona have been linked with a move to Manchester City Rahim sterling in recent weeks and Sport claim that a move for the winger depends on the future of Ousmane Dembele. The report says Ronald Koeman’s side will plan for the England international if Dembele refuses to sign a new contract, which will expire next summer.
– The Turin striker Andrea Belotti is out of contract this summer and Calciomercato reports that the forward will turn down a new contract to continue his move to AC Milan. The 27-year-old has scored 106 goals in 231 appearances for Turin, but a move to Milan is his current priority.
– Chelsea have reached a deal with the defender Andreas Christensen on a new agreement, according to Fabrice Romano. The 25-year-old is one of four defenders to end his contract with the Blues this summer, alongside Antonio rudiger, Cesar Azpilicueta and Thiago silva. Two clubs have expressed interest in the Denmark international, but his time at Stamford Bridge looks set to continue.
– Arsenal consider shock return for midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to the Sun. The 28-year-old changed north London to Liverpool in 2017 for £ 35million but could be set to join the Gunners again as he slips through the pecking order at Anfield.